Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Running The Numbers

Here are some numbers for you numbers folks:

12 - credits that I will be taking semester if a job does not materialize
11 - weeks since I have been notified that I was being laid-off
7 (at least) - rejection letters, e-mails, and phone calls
5 - weeks of unemployment benefits I have received
4 - phone interviews I have had since November 18th (date of layoff notification)
3 - classes that I am currently taking
2 - phone interviews each in December and February
1 - in-person interview conducted
1 - rejection letter that I thought was a court summons.

There are three things that are just frustrating the heck out of me right now. One, if I hear one more recruiter tell me how many applications he/she has received for a position, I am going to freak. It's not like I don't know what the macroeconomic situation is, people! Two, if another recruiter remarks on how "great" my resume is, but doesn't come up with a job, I will also give myself permission to go off the deep end. Third, I need to find my motivation. I don't have a lot of it right now.

No comments: